1. I always hum (or sing in my head) “I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry” whenever I vacuum. I can’t remember a time when I did not do this.
2. I love watching cheesy scary movies (the really dumb ones) late, late at night.
3. I will never buy Tide detergent. I once had a marketing professor in college who said that the Tide “Swirl” made it irresistible to women which is why it was the #1 detergent in the world. I didn’t care too much for that professor, so I buy Gain.
4. I’m not a big fan of peas. I don’t eat them. I eat around them.
5. My mind wanders. Also, I like the color red.
6. No matter how many times a week I go to the grocery store, I always need limes. I don’t know how we run through limes as fast as we do. We don’t even have Corona.
7. I love my job. When I’m in my car, I love listening to the radio and I still get a thrill when I hear one of my artists on the air.
8. In my life so far, I’ve lived in 2 states and 6 different cities. I now live 30 minutes (give or take) from my hometown, and it’s amazing how far away I still remain.
9. I have a weird compulsive disorder: if I wear socks to bed, while I’m asleep, I will take them off, fold them and place them neatly under my pillow. All while unconscious. This has happened so many times, it’s not even funny.
10. I don’t drink Tequila.
11. I’ve never had a traffic ticket, but I did pay for my brother’s first two – including one for driving barefoot – which in Martindale, TX is a $25 fine.
12. If I ever say to you “no problem…,” we have a problem…and “no worries” is the kiss of death…it may very well be the last thing you ever hear from me. Few people in my life have ever survived a “no worries” response.
13. Every time I try to cut my bangs, I do an awful job. And even though it’s obvious, and I KNOW my hairdresser notices, when she asks “Have we been cutting our own bangs again?”… I lie.
14. Unless I really think hard beforehand, I cannot properly pronounce the words MERCURY (“Mer-cree”) or THERMOMETER (“Ther-marm-eater”). (you can imagine how much I dread fevers and quicksilver mines).
15. I get attached to book characters. Sometimes, years after I’ve read the book, I think about them, and wonder how they are – as if they’re people I once knew but lost track of.
16. I keep all of your handwritten letters, notes, and sweet emails. (i also keep some of the mean ones).
17. I’m not a good bowler. My highest score ever has been a 68. I think it’s the shoes.
18. I love actual cds. I love liner notes. I also have a record player. I have friends who make me “mixtapes,” which I cherish.
19. I find it astonishing when people are unable to give directions to their home or place of business. I believe people should know where they are in the world.
20. I know how, and have (indeed!) hypnotized chickens (thanks to my Uncle Guy!)
21. I have this recurring dream where I walk into my living room, and it’s full of strange people who shouldn’t be there. so I yell at them to get out of my house, and they just sit there and laugh at me… what does that mean?
22. One time, my sister and I listened to a cheesy murder mystery audio tape on the way home from Nashville where the creepy killer whispered, “I am the owl and I live in the tree.” before every kill. Ever since, our gifts to each other have been owl themed.
23. I’ve never been able to do a cartwheel…and I’ve never been allowed to climb on the monkey-bars.
24. In college, I used to throw tea parties, and got all of my friends to attend in their pearls.
25. When I type a word over and over again, it begins to look misspelled to me. You have no idea how many times I’ve double (triple, quadruple) checked the spelling of “Americana” or “McMurtry.”